Excellence in Nursing Awards - Call for Nominations
CLN is proud to announce the availability of three Excellence in Nursing Awards open to nurse educators and nurses who are members of CLN. These awards, highlighting exemplar nurse educators and nurses, will be presented at CLN’s Annual Nurse Leadership Convention to be held on June 2, 2017 from 12:30 – 1:30 pm at the Marriott Hartford Downtown Hotel in Hartford, CT.
We welcome the opportunity to recognize our nursing peers!
I. The Jane E. Murdock “Life-Long” Learning Award
Awarded to a nurse educator (academia or practice) who has:
- Demonstrated knowledge as an Exemplar Nurse Educator. Examples may include certified as a nurse educator or professional development educator; use of best practices; incorporating an evidence-based approach in teaching
- Identified “high priority” needs for continuing education within the nursing workforce. Examples may include conducting surveys, focus groups; literature review
- Developed innovative and successful programs to address the identified need(s). Examples may include credit and non-credit programs that are accessible and flexible and based on adult learning principles; programs that incorporate the use of technology
- Demonstrated a commitment to teaching. Examples may include dedication to the profession (member of professional organizations CLN, NLN, NISOD etc.); sharing expertise via presentation, publications, committee membership/chairs 5. Inspired novice and seasoned nurses to pursue additional degrees/continuing education. Examples may include individual counseling/mentoring; group events; publications 6. Earned the respect of students and colleagues. Examples may include: peer awards, regarded as an “expert”, and/or works to advance the profession/quality of nursing education
II. The CLN Nurse Leadership Award
Awarded to a nurse who demonstrates:
- Outstanding leadership, service, and commitment to the mission of CLN
- Is recognized as a creative leader who has made a positive difference in the direction of the league
- Serves as a role model and mentor for future league leaders
- Has inspired others to become actively engaged in accomplishing the mission of the constituent league
III. The Ruth M. Olson Excellence in Nurse Education Award
Awarded to a nurse educator who demonstrates:
- Knowledge of the discipline: examples may include: certified as a nurse educator or professional development educator, utilizes best practices and incorporates an evidence-based approach
- A learner-centered teaching style: examples may include innovative, interactive, adaptable, nurturing styles
- Commitment to teaching: dedication to the profession (member of professional organizations CLN, NLN, NISOD etc.), sharing expertise via presentations, publications, committee membership/chairs
- Success in inspiring students: past and present to pursue additional degrees/continuing education/ become active in local and state nursing organizations
- Earned the respect of students and colleagues: peer awards, mentoring of new faculty, regarded as an “expert”, and advances the profession & quality of nursing education.
Eligibility Criteria for ALL 3 Awards: Nominees must be a member of CLN Nominees may be a nurse in practice, clinical educator, full-time or adjunct faculty member in an LPN, diploma RN, associate degree, baccalaureate or higher degree nursing program. To be considered for these awards, you will need to be nominated by a colleague, student, patient or the like. No self-nominations will be accepted.
Three (3) $1,000.00 awards will be presented at the CLN Annual Nurse Leadership Convention to be held on June 2, 2017 from 12:30 – 1:30 pm at the Marriott Hartford Downtown, Hartford, CT.
Deadline for Application:
Application must be received by CLN no later than Monday, May 1, 2017.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org