100% Online RN Refresher Course 2017
This four-module Virtual RN Refresher course is facilitated by exemplar faculty who are members of the Connecticut League for Nursing (CLN). The course is designed for inactive nurses who wish to return to staff level positions on general medical-surgical units of hospitals, long-term care facilities, home care or other health care agencies after being away from practice for three to five years or more.
Next Course Start Date: August 28, 2017
States that have been approved:
- California Board of Registered Nursing
- Connecticut Board of Examiners for Nursing
- Kentucky Board of Nursing
- Ohio Board of Nursing
- Rhode Island Board of Nursing
- Current licensure as a registered nurse (RN), OR
- If you do not have a current RN license, you should contact the Licensure Board in the state in which you wish to re-enter practice to determine the criteria and process for re-licensure before enrolling in the course.
The course consists of four modules, all of which are offered entirely online, thereby eliminating the need to travel to a classroom. You can access the online modules at any time of day or night convenient to your schedule. You must complete all four modules to earn a refresher course certificate. Should you opt to participate in only some of the modules, for personal enrichment, you will earn the associated contact hours.
Module Descriptions Module One (NUR041) - (Theory)
- This module addresses basic concepts and skills applicable in the care of patients experiencing a variety of health care problems. Concepts explored include the nature of the health care delivery system; infection control; application of the nursing process in nursing practice and patient education; nursing care of older adults; legal and ethical issues in health care; nursing care of the patient experiencing surgery; nursing care for patients with fluid/electrolyte and nutritional imbalances; nursing care for patients experiencing pain; nursing care for patients with cancer. (Contact Hours: 30)
Module Two (NUR042) - (Clinical)
- In this module, students apply concepts reviewed in module one and use decision making and critical thinking skills in caring for patients in a virtual hospital setting. The virtual hospital has realistic architecture and access to patient rooms, a nurses' station and a medication room. Students work with multiple complex patient simulations and also learn to access information resources (including an electronic health record) that are essential for high quality patient care. The clinical experiences of this module focus on cultural aspects of care; fluid balance; electrolyte imbalances; pain; perioperative care; blood transfusions; cancer; and end-of-life care. (Prerequisites: NUR041; Contact Hours: 15)
Module Three (NUR043) - (Theory)
- This module addresses selected health problems affecting the respiratory, cardiac, metabolic, renal, immunologic, gastrointestinal, neurological and musculoskeletal systems for which there have been recent therapeutic advances. In each instance, the physiological and psychosocial aspects of the problem are explored, and the contemporary medical/surgical, pharmacological, and nursing regimens are described. (Prerequisites: NUR041; Contact Hours: 30)
Module Four (NUR044) - (Clinical)
- In this module, students apply concepts reviewed in module three and use decision making and critical thinking skills in caring for patients in a virtual hospital setting. The virtual hospital has realistic architecture and access to patient rooms, a nurses' station and a medication room. Students work with multiple complex patient simulations and also learn to access information resources (including an electronic health record) that are essential for high quality patient care. The clinical experiences of this module focus on care of patients with asthma; emphysema and pneumonia; pulmonary embolism; acid-base balance; atrial fibrillation; hypertension; diabetes; intestinal obstruction and colorectal cancer; and total knee replacement. (Prerequisites: NUR041, NUR042, NUR043; Contact Hours: 15)
Please contact Peggy Mallick with any questions. View Registration Form Below
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 203-691-5013.
- Module One: $800
- Module Two: $500
- Module Three: $800
- Module Four: $500
TOTAL: $2,600 (plus required course textbooks)
Attendee Registration Deadline:
« View All Events