CLN's 100% Online Clinical Faculty Course
This 3-week online faculty-led course prepares new faculty to “hit the ground running” and meet the demands within today’s healthcare practice settings. It was designed by exemplar nurse educators from both the academic and practice settings to insure a comprehensive approach to on boarding new faculty.
January 8, 2018
March 5, 2018
Meet Emerging Needs: Workfore Data tells us that over 50% of Nursing Faculty are over the age of 50, it is critical that our schools act now to develop new nurses to fill the faculty pipeline! Approximately 50% of Full Time Nursing Faculty were age 50 and older, only 9.4% of nurse faculty were under the age of 40. Of those indicating "Secondary Faculty" positions, 44.7 % were age 50 or older and 9.1% were younger than 40.
- The 2015 National Workforce Survey, April 2016, Journal of Nursing Regulation
Meet Accreditation Standards:
It is essential that faculty are:
- sufficient in number to accomplish the mission, goals, and expected program outcomes;
- academically prepared for the areas in which they teach;
- and experientially prepared for the areas in which they teach.
Easily meet Accreditation Standards for preparing your Nursing Faculty!
Testimonial - "I took this course last year to help me improve my skills as a new clinical faculty member. It was so incredibly helpful and I use strategies discussed every chance I get! I've had so much positive feedback from students, and I highly recommend registering!" - Karen Amor
- Standards for Accreditation of Baccalaureate & Graduate Nursing Programs, Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), Standard II-D, Amended 2013
aren Amor I took this course last year to help me improve my skills as a new clinical faculty member. It was so incredibly helpful and I use strategies discussed every chance I get! I've had so much positive feedback from students, and I highly recommend registering!
*Northeast MultiState Division is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Connecticut Nurses’ Association is part of the Northeast Multistate Division
Benefits of the course for schools/programs of nursing include:
- Expert Facilitators foster engagement via a “cohort model” supported by “best practice” distance learning delivery strategies and learning activities.
- Ability to engage in rich dialogue with diverse peers representing a variety of education levels, clinical expertise, geographic locations and practice settings.
- Enhance your education portfolio and professional toolbox with “in demand” skills and demonstrate proficiency in the areas of: clinical teaching/learning techniques, guiding students in clinical reasoning and debriefing.
- Awarding 30 contact hours*
*Connecticut League for Nursing is an Approved Provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the Connecticut Nurses’ Association, An Accredited Approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
The criterion for eligibility to take this course is based on the regulations in your state pertaining to the employment of Clinical Faculty – BSN, Masters or currently enrolled in a Masters Degree Program
For more information and to register for one of the above cohorts, please contact Peggy Mallick at CLN at 203-691-5013 or email@example.com.
Three Week Course $325.00 ($50.00 discount given to CLN Member schools/programs)
Meet the Speaker
Susan Deane, Lead Faculty & Course Coordinator
Testimonials from Recent Participants:
- "Course facilitators foster active engagement between new and seasoned clinical faculty to share insights, techniques, ideas, and learnings- as well as- address trepidations to enhance the competencies of participants related to the role of clinical faculty that meet defined program outcomes"
- "This course opened a flood gate of great information for the novice clinical educator."
- "Fantastic course! I feel so much better prepared to start this journey."
- "It’s a win-win for everyone … students, faculty, university and patients. It will help me be a better clinical instructor."
- "This course should be required for all new clinical instructors."
- "Great Course! I would like to take more courses like this related to clinical instruction · Wonderful Course & well prepared faculty"
- "Really enjoyed the activity assignments associated with each module"
- "It's as though each person contributed to an "evidenced-based practice" file (for my future use)"
- "Absolutely! I feel as though I am a different type of educator now- more knowledgeable and organized"
- "Without a doubt I would recommend this course, it was very comprehensive and, for me, I truly think a life saver."